Do you know the ColorbyAmber Story?
ColorbyAmber (CBA) is not just another jewellery company. We incorporate sustainability and social responsibility. When wearing these pieces you can feel the pride of the work that went into each one. You know you are supporting the world when you wear this eco-friendly, socially responsible jewellery with a story and a cause.
We are the first of its kind, eco-friendly jewellery company that uses old milk jugs in what we call an eco-resin (made with 40% recycled content). We use all kinds of neat things that we put inside to create the color and design.
- We have a group of Full Circle Artisans around the world that we buy things from. For example, from China we have these cool Prayer Leaves. They have these huge leaves that they gently wash until they are clear. Then they are dyed using natural products (fruits and vegetables) to get their color. We also have Fray Paper from Nepal. They make the paper using the bark from the Lokta tree. Again these are dyed using natural products.
- We also use recycled products like burlap coffee bean bags, old blue jeans, sequence and lace. Because we are a zero landfill company, we also recycle our catalogs.
- And we have some new materials and high-resolution images. Every girl needs a little sparkle and shine in her jewellery. 🙂
“We are a group of women empowering women around the world and locally who want to
So Who’s Amber?
These Full Circle communities are supported in the following Fair Trade Practices:
- Have long-term and stable relationship with CBA and its parent Company: 3Form.
- Paid above Market Value for their products, which secures them a stable living wage.
- Have Health Care Benefits for Employees.
- Use local, traditional Artisan Practices and Techniques.
- Assistance in creating sustainable, healthy and safe working and living environments.
- Specifically supports women and women with disabilities. In addition to purchasing the material at a fair trade price, ColorbyAmber gives 10% of their net sales of these pieces to the Full Circle Program every month. The proceeds go to benefit all of the Full Circle Initiatives. These programs help sustain a better life and a better future for women through new skills, new opportunities and a better living environment for their entire community.
CBA works with community leaders to choose initiatives, training and programs best suited to supporting that particular group both financially and technically.
Some of these Projects include:
- Micro Savings Groups in Senegal and Mali, where a pool of money is governed by a group and can be loaned to an individual so that she may actuate her own business or attend training.
- Training of 4 women artisans in Senegal in open weaving techniques on newly built, donated looms.
- Solar Water Pump in NDEM Senegal providing clean nearby water for families and consistent hydration for drip irrigation of organic cotton used to make the beautiful interlayers.
- Paying the salaries of 2 schoolteachers in Nepal and providing complimentary school fees for 16 children for over 5 years.
- Solar Recharging Projects in Senegal and South Africa where 15 women now have their own businesses charging cell phones, keeping over 300 families in phone contact.
He selected pre-established communities where the leadership is looking for a way to do business while seriously considering the current environmental issues and the need to support women and children.
Through his dedication and this unique company, an amazing relationship has been formed between these artisan women, and women like us who are sharing this product and the people who wear and love it.
It makes me feel good to wear this jewelry with a story and a cause!
Please message me for more details.